March 05, 2007 10:41:27am
GD trivia quiz -- 9 questions answered!
Correct answers have been offered for 9 of the first 20 questions:
2. What song had to wait the longest time between appearing on a studio LP and first being performed live?
Unbroken Chain, 20 years
4. What was the longest interval between two GD concerts?
9-28-75 to 6-3-76 (HiRoller was close enough)
5. What was the longest interval between two live performances of Dark Star?
[7-13]-84 to 10-9-89
6. In what two consecutive years was there only one live performance of Morning Dew each year?
1978 and 1979
11. In what venue did the band perform the most times in a single calendar year, and what was the year?
In 1966, they played 30 shows at the Fillmore Auditorium.
12. What was the largest crowd that the band ever performed for?
About 600,000 people in Watkins Glen, 1974.
17. On what day did the band play an uninterrupted version of Playin' in the Band that lasted over 45 minutes?
18. What name was given to "Spanish Jam" on its first official release? (this one was after 1995)
19. What two songs were most frequently played on the same night?
China Cat Sunflower and I Know You Rider (522 shows together, according to SetList)
Congratulations to the winners, who get nothing except our undying admiration.
Debatable and partial answers, with comments, are in the next post.
This post was modified by Lou Davenport on 2007-03-05 18:41:27